Employment AgreementsNew York
New York Employment Agreement Lawyer
Reputable Severance Agreement, Non-Compete, & Breach of Contract Attorney
If you have recently received an employment agreement that you would like to over with an experienced legal guide, Valiant Law is here to help. Our team of New York employment agreement lawyers can work with you to review an employment contract to ensure it complies with state and federal labor laws. Our experienced lawyers are passionate about helping employees succeed in the workplace.
Employment Contract Review
Though employment contracts may seem straightforward, there are several things that can undermine the legality of the contract. Valiant Law can help you evaluate the legality and enforceability of your employment contract and work to improve any issues that might exist. We can also assist you in the event of a breach of contract, in which an employer did not hold up their end of your employment agreement.
An employment contract will be invalid if:
- An employee’s rights to be free from indentured servitude are restricted, and
- An employee is prohibited from participating in political activities, union membership, or other associations.
Generally speaking, even non-compete agreements are not enforceable under New York law because they would limit the employee’s ability to enter into future employment.
Types of Employment Agreements
Some of the most common types of employment agreements include:
- Employment contracts
- Severance agreements
- Noncompete and non-solicitation agreements
While contracts can vary from industry to industry as well as from one position to another, they tend to address issues such as:
- Benefits such as health coverage, paid time off (PTO), stock options, retirement funds, and more
- Grounds for termination of the employment contract
- How the employer will measure job performance
- Job responsibilities and performance standards
- Length of employment and any options for job renewal
- Noncompete agreements
- Nondisclosure agreements
- Severance pay
- Type and amount of compensation you are owed, including salary, commissions, and bonuses
Never sign a severance agreement or any other binding employment contract before consulting with an experienced employment law attorney in your area.
Contact Valiant Law for Trusted Legal Counsel
Proactive review of your employment contract and other policies is often the best way to protect yourself from further mistreatment and legal action against your employer. With Valiant LA on your side, you can trust that we will thoroughly assess your documents, suggest appropriate revisions, and call out unfair practices with your best interests in mind. Our priority is to protect your business. When you need an employment contract lawyer in New York, turn to Valiant Law.